Mountain Hub is thrilled to roll out the chance to win rewards as a small token of thanks to contributors. This summer, we will be offering weekly giveaways to active community members who are submitting observations on the Mountain Hub mobile or web app. It’s our way of saying thanks for sharing the outdoors with our community.
Each week, we will select one winner to receive either an $80 Backcountry.com Gift Card or an annual National Parks Pass. To be eligible for each weekly contest, you must simply complete the following:
- Share at least one quality observation or trip report on Mountain Hub
- Share that observation to your Facebook page or a Facebook page that you manage via the social sharing buttons
You can share your Mountain Hub observation to Facebook by locating the boxes highlighted in yellow for your post on www.mountainhub.com. For more information about how to share an current or recent observation on Mountain Hub, see our last blog post here.
Quality observations and trip reports help to inform fellow outdoor adventurers of important conditions, safety hazards, trip ideas, and more. For complete contest details, see the terms and conditions below.
Good luck and have fun out there!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who sign up at Mountainhub.com and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the U.S.A. and Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Mountain Hub, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Mountain Hub as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on May 30, 2017, 12:00 PM, MST and ending July 31, 2017, 12 AM, MST. All online entries must be received by Sunday at 7PM MST to be considered for the prior week.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by downloading the Mountain Hub App from App Store or Google Play Store , have a current/ active Mountain Hub account and submitting at least 1 quality observation to benefit the outdoor community within the given week. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Mountain Hub. You may not enter multiple times by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Mountain Hub.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive either an $80 Backcountry.com gift card or a National Park Pass. These prizes will alternate each week. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Mountain Hub. Mountain Hub may introduce other prizes of comparable value as well at its own choosing. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Mountain Hub’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Mountain Hub to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected each week under the supervision of Mountain Hub. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Mountain Hub shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT MOUNTAIN HUB’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Mountain Hub or anyone acting on behalf of Mountain Hub and Mountain Hub’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Mountain Hub. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Mountain Hub from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Mountain Hub may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Mountain Hub reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Mountain Hub’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Mountain Hub’s may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Mountain Hub. Mountain Hub reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Mountain Hub has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Mountain Hub reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Mountain Hub and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE USA AND UTAH, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Salt Lake County, Utah having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to: email@example.comRequests must be received no later than 7/31/2017, 5 PM, MST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Mountain Hub.
- The Campaign hosted by Mountain Hub is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.