Sharing your outdoor adventures to the Mountain Hub app is simple. By sharing an observation to Mountain Hub, you are contributing to a like-minded community of outdoor enthusiasts who want to make the most of their time outside. Find inspiration, current conditions, and much more when you browse the latest posts on Mountain Hub.
To get started, use the following guidelines to post your first observation.
Posting an Observation to the Mountain Hub App on a Mobile Device
- Open the Mountain Hub App on your mobile phone and click the yellow “+” sign to begin submitting an observation.
- From the menu, select the type of observation you would like to publish.
- Follow the menu of prompts to specify what type of information you are observing in the field. Enter the name of the location, add a comment with relevant information to provide Mountain Hub users with current, useful information, and upload a photo if you choose.
- If you are submitting an observation at a later time, you can edit the location by hitting the “Change Location” option on the left. From there, a map will appear with your current location and you can drag the pin to the correct location.
- For Pro accounts, you have the ability to determine your privacy settings. Select your choice and hit “SUBMIT.”
Posting an Observation to the Mountain Hub Website
- Open the Mountain Hub Web App on your computer’s desktop: Click Here to login. Type the location of your observation in the “Search Locations’ window in the top left corner.
- Click the yellow “+” sign in the top right-hand corner to begin submitting an observation.
- Select “Submit an Observation” from the three options.
- From the menu, select the type of observation you wish to upload.
- From here, add a picture, leave a comment, select the appropriate conditions, and add a photo. You can also edit the location name, date, time, location, as well as select a privacy setting.
- Click “Next,” you can edit your observation if needed or hit the “Submit” button to complete your observation.
- Once you have shared your observation or trip report on Mountain Hub, you can also share it directly to Facebook, Twitter, or via email to specific friends or coworkers.
Posting as an Organization
- Create your observation on the mobile Mountain Hub app and click “NEXT”.
- On the Submission Page, click your name at the top to access a drop down a menu of the organization(s) you have access to.
- Select who you wish to publish on behalf of.
- Click “SUBMIT” to publish your observation publicly or within your organization..
- Determine who can view your latest observation by selecting the privacy setting of your choice. Click “SUBMIT’ to publish.
Thanks to all the Mountain Hub contributors out there for helping us build a better outdoors!